The Merrimack Valley Chapter welcomes you to our website!
Dean: Silke Maravelis - Sub-Dean: Hugh Hinton
Treasurer: Craig Seamen
Secretary: Jodi Templer
Members at Large: Linda Paulet (2019) Jay Lane (2020) Alice Johnson Hannon (2021)
Newsletter Editor and PR: Alain Bojarski - Scholarships: Denise Ann Shea
Auditor: Shirley MacKenzie - Placement: Norma Reich
Librarian: Barbara Owen
Organ Restoration/History: Bob Reich
Chaplain: Dr. Richard Hughes
Webmaster: David G. Baker
About Our Chapter
We serve the area generally north and east of Boston. We welcome inquiries about chapter membership and programs. Send the webmaster an email by clicking this link.
You can get a copy of our current Swell to Great Newsletter by clicking here.
The "Newsletters" link above has an archive of newsletters from the last few years.
Do you know a young person interested in learning how to play the organ? The Merrimack Chapter has a scholarship program. An application is available by clicking here.
Our upcoming programs:
• Sunday November 11, 3-5 pm Workshop with Eric Bermani: “On Service Playing and Conducting from the Keyboard” Church of the Good Shepherd, Reading, MA
• December No Program
• Sunday January 6, 5 PM 12th Night Celebration: Maggie Marshall's Home in Chelmsford, MA
• Saturday February 23, 8:30 AM Mini-Convention: First- Calvary Baptist Church North Andover, MA
• Sunday March 10, 3-5 pm Christa Rakich: Yoga and Practicing: Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Hampton, NH
• Saturday May 4, 10am - 3pm Organ Crawl in Concord, MA
• Sunday June 2 Member’s Recital - Pinewood Lutheran Church, Burlington, MA
October 28, 2018
Groveland Congregational Church
4 King Street Groveland, MA 01834
Workshop with Scott Allen Jarrett:
"From Musicianship to Musicality: Choral
Rehearsals that Inspire"
Join conductor Scott Allen Jarrett in a session designed to help conductors and choristers create a rehearsal environment that builds skills and inspires shared investment in the music we sing. Using anthems and motets from the Marsh Chapel Choir repertoire, Jarrett will guide session participants in a fresh and positive rehearsal approach for choral singers of all levels and experiences.
Scott Allen Jarrett is the Director of Music at Boston University's Marsh Chapel, the Resident Conductor of the Handel + Haydn Society, Music Director of Boston's Back Bay Chorale, and the Artistic Director of the Bach Akademie of Charlotte.
To sign up for this workshop, please contact Linda Paul& (firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-523-8665)
This event is free and open to all Church Musicians, Choir Directors and Singers. 4 reception will follow the workshop